Pond fish are cold blooded, which means during the colder months their body temperature falls in line with the outside temperature.
Their metabolism slows, and they enter an almost catatonic state.
Less activity means the fish need to consume less protein which they would otherwise need during the summer.
Wheat germ food for pond fish contains natural vegetable protein, vitamins and minerals and provides your fish with all it needs to survive the winter months.
The most common form of wheatgerm for pond fish comes in the form of wheatgerm sticks– an easily digestible food source.
Wheatgerm floating sticks will provide optimum conditioning in preparation for hibernation and quickly revitalise fish in the spring following hibernation.
• Ideal for feeding when the water temperature is below 10 degrees centigrade
• Easily digestible food, with a high proportion of high-quality wheatgerm
• Rich in fibre – optimally suited to the reduced metabolic rate of pond fish in the colder seasons
• Optimum conditioning for hibernation
• Revitalises fish quickly following hibernation
• Recommended for Koi and other demanding fish